This event has already taken place.
12th Paznaun Market Day
Discover the true taste of the region
Since 2007, the Paznaun region has been one of more than 100 “pleasure regions” in the whole of Austria. “Genuss Region Österreich” (“Pleasure Region Austria”) is a registered trademark and Austria’s biggest culinary initiative to get consumers closer to regional agricultural products and specialties. In addition, the initiative promotes specific culinary offers in the respective regions to bridge the gap between Alpine agriculture, gastronomy, the hotel industry and consumers.
Typical culinary specialties are not only a sign of regional enjoyment, but also of identity and belonging. In the Paznaun region, particularly, tourism and agriculture have always been closely connected. That’s evident not only through the many restaurants and huts processing their own agricultural products but also through the many mountain farms exclusively offering homemade specialties.
Regional delicacy: Paznaun Alpine Cheese
Paznaun Alpine Cheese is something like the flagship of the GenussRegion and an indispensable item on many a menu of a traditional Paznaun summer event. During summer, the regional specialty is produced by about ten local mountain farms and sold in many shops across the valley. Naturally, the delicious cheese also takes centre stage at the 12th Paznaun Market Day!
All about the 12th Paznaun Market Day
- When: August 28, 2021
- Time: 10:30 am
- Where: Florianparkplatz in Ischgl
- What: culinary treats in combination with relaxed sounds
- 10.30 a.m. Entry of the Jaufental, Innerpfitschplatz & Kufstein bands
- 11:00 am Opening of the market day by the guests of honor with cheese cutting and beer tapping
ADDRESSES of the guests of honor
CHEESE QUEEN'S ELECTION 2021
- 11:30 a.m. Morning pint concert by the Jaufental & Innerpfitsch bands
- 1.30 p.m. Concert by the Kufstein Town Music Band
- 3 p.m. Show cooking with award-winning chef Martin Sieberer
- 4:00 p.m. entertainment with "Brass Selection"
- from 8.30 p.m. “TEGERNSEER TANZLMUSI
CHILD ANIMATION PROGRAM with the Kids Club Paznaun
- Climbing tower with the Ischgl mountain rescue service