1st Galtür Zipflbob-WM 2019
On Sunday, 8th December 2019 you can be "child" again. At the 1st Zipfelbob World Championships in Galtür your childhood dreams will come true.
Carefree start into the race
If you like to go skiing before the race, you can hand in your shoes, which you need for the race, directly at the ticket office of the Bergbahnen Galtür in Wirl. The shoes will then be taken to Faulbrunnalm by the organisation team.
At 11.00 am the race starts above the Faulbrunnalm. The easiest way to get there is by taking the Alpkogelbahn. On the exit, you will see the Faulbrunnalm on the left side and above it the start.
Please be at the finish area at 10.45 am to arrange the start. There you get the start numbers as well as the Zipfelbobs.
Afterwards, all participants will walk to the start. The start takes place in small groups, means 5-10 participants divided into women and men groups.
The race mode is K.O. system. The fastest of the group gets into the next round. The award ceremony takes place in the valley at the parking next to the info station of Radio Ramasuri at about 15.00 pm. The first to fourth places can win great prizes.
Zipflbob WM - the most important facts:
- When: Sunday, 8th December 2019
- Start: from 10.45 am
- Meeting point & start number issue: Destination area Faulbrunnalm, ski area Galtür
- Race start: 11.00 am
- Discipline: Zipflbob race
- Route: will follow!
- Participation: free of charge and for everyone over the age of 18, limited number of participants
- Qualification: Group start
- Required equipment: winter boots, helmet required, back protector recommended
- Registration information:
Saturday, 7th December 2019
8.00 - 12.00 am & 1.30 - 6.00 pm
Where: Bergbahnen Galtür Wirl, info tent Radio Ramasuri Parking Wirl, Huberstadl Galtür Wirl
What is there to win?
- 1st place: 2 nights for 2 persons with HB - Closing Galtür 17th – 19th April 2020
- 2nd place: 2 pieces of 3-day lift tickets valid from 17th - 19th April 2020
- 3rd place: Day ski pass Galtür valid for the 2019/20 season
- 4th place: prizes
Conditions of participation
- 18 years of age
- Only winter shoes are allowed. No hardshell shoes like ski boots
- Helmet is required
- Back protector is recommended
- Conditions of participation must be signed by every participant on-site