25th International Alpine Cheese Olympics
28th September 2019
It’s time to say cheese – at the 25th International Alpine Cheese Olympics in Galtür! The renowned event celebrates the best cheeses of the region and awards the ones with the finest ingredients and best taste.
The games around the golden dairy harp
More than 100 dairymen from Germany, Austria, Italy, Liechtenstein and Switzerland are battling it out for the coveted “Golden Dairyman’s Harp” trophy. Just like in the real Olympics, the event is all about peak performances. After all, the winning cheeses have to excel in their quality as well as in their taste and use of regional ingredients.
Outside, inside, consistency, holes, … the expert jury is putting the best cheeses of the Alps to the test. In addition, there is also a children’s jury awarding the tastiest products with a special junior prize during a blind taste testing.
It’s the taking part that counts!
The best thing about the International Alpine Cheese Olympics? You don’t have to be a dairyman or jury member to enjoy the fine taste of the exquisite cheese specialties! Guests of the event are encouraged to sample, enjoy and of course purchase the gourmet cheeses on the event day between 11:00 and 18:00. Around 3,000 cheese lovers are expected to attend the 25th edition of the Alpine Cheese Olympics at the Sports and Culture Centre of Galtür – be one of them and don’t miss this “tasty” highlight!
Alpine cheese or mountain cheese, Emmenthal or Tilsit cheese, hard, soft or nutty: The “Olympics of good taste” are a dream come true for every cheese lover!
The Alpine Cheese Olympics in a nutshell
- When: September 28, 2019
- Time: from 11.00 am
- What: more than 100 dairymen from Germany, Austria, Italy, Liechtenstein and Switzerland
- Where: Galtür Sports and Culture Centre
- Tickets: Entrance: until 6.00 pm € 10.- | from 6.00 pm € 15.-
- 11:00 am: Opening by the jury and blessing of the cheese
- 3:00 pm: Welcome of the guests of honor, moving in from the village square with the MK Galtür, the Rifle Company & the Trachtenwomen
- 4:00 - 6:00 pm: Air rifle shooting in the shooting club
- 12:00 - 2:00 pm: Galtür Syndikat live band
- 2:30 - 8:00 pm: „Böhm Sound" live
- 8:00 pm: Award ceremony with the “Galtürer Sennerharfe”
- from 9:00 pm: Party night with the "Hattinger Buam"
Showroom / Beer Garden [in orange]
- 11:00 am - 6:00 pm: possibility of cheese tasting, Manuel Horeth will guide you through the program
- 1:00 - 6:00 pm: Folk music by "Fidelen Milser"
- from 7:30 pm: Folk music by "Rieder Gipfelstürmern"
You should definitely come to the International Alpine Cheese Olympics if …
- … you’ve always wanted to sample the great variety of Alpine cheeses.
- … you want to get a first-hand experience of how different the cheeses produced by Alpine dairymen taste.
- … you can’t wait to find out who bags the 2019 Golden Dairyman’s Harp.