10/01 - 14/01/2022
Shapes in white in Ischgl
Artistic works made out of snow and ice are set to amaze anyone visiting Ischgl’s snow sculpture competition. Professional sculptors will create masterpieces from 10th– 14th January 2022 – using snow from the middle of the superb mountain setting of the Paznaun region.
“frosty art” at the Silvretta Arena
The first art project “Shapes in White” took place 28 years ago already. Since then, sculptors from all over the world send their designs to the jury of the Ischgl Snow Sculpture Contest each year. The jury chooses the best ideas and invites ten artist pairs to realise their concepts at the Silvretta Arena in Ischgl. The sculptors have five days to complete their creations made from snow – many of the up to ten metres in height. Let’s hope the artists don’t end up with icicles for fingers … So, in case you find yourself eye to eye with a giant snow sculpture – that can only mean one thing: It’s that time of the year again, when the Shapes in White festival is taking over the slopes of Ischgl!
And it gets even better: Thanks to guaranteed snow and constant low temperatures at the Silvretta Arena, the frosty art stays intact until the end of April. Turn your next ski day into a visit to a gallery and marvel at the “coolest” art in the world!
Snow Sculpture Festival “Shapes in White” – the facts:
- Motto for 2022: winter sports
- Construction of snow sculptures: January 10 to January 14, 2022
- Snow sculptures ready to view: January 14, 2022
- Where: at the Silvretta Arena
- Who: 10 international artist pairs
You should definitely come to the Shapes in White festival if …
- … you’ve always wanted to watch sculptors create their exceptional works of art from snow.
- … you would like to combine winter sports with art.
- … you want to switch the location of your next gallery visit from a museum to the 239 kilometres of slopes at the Silvretta Arena.